Thursday, March 28, 2013

Duffle Bags for Everything

By Amy,

My problem I had before I made these was that I couldn't fit everything I needed for each kid into one bag each. I found this Old pattern in my mom's stuff and stole it from her knowing it would be perfect for traveling.
 
 
I have enjoyed stuffing everything I need for my kids into these bags. I also used Iron on lettering for there names since I made the bags the same I wanted to be able to know who's bag is who's.
 
 
I used a contrasting yellow zipper to have some color pop on the bag. I also tied on ribbon to the zipper so its easier to open.

 
The bags are not square they are smaller at the top then the bottom but not by much it help to increase the bag size. I used a blue checkers curtain I bought at the thrift store this fabric was also used on a ottoman I redid a few months ago.

 
These are the bags I made for myself I wasn't sure about the fabric when I was cutting it out but as soon as I started sewing it made me so happy. I have enjoyed the color and the stripped fabric in a bag form.

 
I made a smaller bag for my bathroom supplies to take along shampoo, straighter & blow dryer. I upcycle a silver zipper for the smaller bag.

 
This is the amazing and simple bag pattern that I had to make these bags.
 
Have fun Crafting!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment